- When approaching an aid station to hydrate or re-fuel, move to the right and grab your fluid/nutritional needs from the volunteers or the aid tables and continue forward away from the volunteers or aid table.
- If you need to stop at an aid station step to the right side of the road and proceed to the aid station, but do not block others from accessing the aid tables or volunteers handing out fluids.
- Throw your used cup to the right side away from the course as close to an aid station as possible. Drop your cup down by your waist as opposed to tossing it over your shoulder. The person behind you may not appreciate the shower if the cup is not empty.
- Say thank you to the volunteers manning the aid station.
- If you see someone in distress on the course, report their number to the aid station and try to recall the approximate mile maker where you saw them.
Sports Action is your one-stop athletic store. Featuring the best selection of footwear, apparel and accessories. Shop now at sportsactionusa.com!
Source: Road Runners Club America (http://www.rrca.org/)
In the next article, we will talk about Finish Line Etiquette.