Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
- You know that exercise is beneficial to your health, your brain, and your weight loss goals. Yet it seems so hard to fit into your day. If you don’t schedule a run, you probably won’t do it. See below a few habits that are messing with your goals, and how to work around them. 1) You Don’t Eat Until Lunch Maybe you’re not hungry in the morning, maybe you’re too busy to stop and eat, or maybe skipping breakfast is just part of your routine... [read more]
- Have you managed to sustain your running routine? In recent years, the focus in recreational running has not been on achieving faster times or longer distances. Instead, longtime athletes and newcomers alike have been searching for a training method that will keep them from being sidelined by injuries. And that quest has created a growth industry in sustainable running plans. One increasingly popular method is Chi Running, which combines the fundamentals of proper running form with the principles of the... [read more]
- Everyone starts as a beginner. Over time, though, if you stick with it, what is hard becomes second nature and what is impossible becomes merely difficult. Trail running takes an investment of time to get to that point of expertise. But when you allocate that time the right way, you can get the ultimate return on your investment. When starting out in trail running, it is essential to plan strategically to avoid injury or burnout. In addition to designing smart running... [read more]
- For an article being published in next month’s issue of The British Journal of Sports Medicine, researchers at the University of Sydney in Australia reviewed dozens of recent studies of stretching, hoping to determine whether the practice prevents people from getting sore after they exercise. The authors found 12 studies completed in the past 25 years that looked directly at that issue. Most were small and short-term. But each produced essentially the same result, the review authors write, showing that... [read more]
- Follow these techniques to strengthen your knees for optimal weightlifting performance. If you suffer from knees that feel like they have been bludgeoned with a scalding hot tire iron, you are not alone. One study from Gallup-Healthways found that 26% of the adult population in the US suffers from knee pain. Causation can be varied. Over use, under use, mobility restrictions and muscular imbalances are some of the big factors than can factor in to knee pain. Whatever the reason... [read more]
- Experts are learning more about the science of why things hurt. When you stub your toe or bang your thigh into the edge of your dining room table, you know exactly why you’re aching. But sometimes pain is more mysterious: Why do you get regular headaches, yet your spouse rarely has one? Why do you end up with shin splints so easily while your running partner can ramp up the miles and feels fine afterwards? Why do some people claim to... [read more]